Work-life policies help families strike a balance in their work and personal lives. Family friendly policies include employer subsidized child care costs, partially paid family leave, flex and part time work schedules, and family sick leave.
Benefits of Implementing Work-Life Policies
Implementing family friendly policies directly impacts the ability of employers to retain productive and dependable staff. Study after study has shown that companies can save more than twice what they spend on work-life programs.
3 step process to implementing work-life policies
- Evaluate the Needs of Your Employees
Conduct surveys and employee focus groups
- Develop a Work/Life Management Strategy.
Designate one person to oversee the work life program and educate all managers and employees on the new policies
- Evaluate Your Strategy
Keep track of how your work-life policies are affecting the workplace. Are your managers staying committed to the plan? Has morale improved? Has absenteeism been reduced? Are your employees feeling less stress? Keep data so you can learn what works in your workplace.
Investments Strategies That Qualify for Tax Credits and Reductions
- Contract with a child care center or family child care provider to offer reduced child care rates to employees or provide emergency care for mildly sick children.
- Offer comprehensive family medical benefits.
- Begin an after-school program for the children of employees.
- Establish an on-site or near site child care center for your employees' children.
- Offer vouchers or discount coupons for child care to employees or provide other financial assistance for child and elder care.